Maintenance Technician - Greensboro 051222
MAINTENANCE & RENOVATION TECHNICIAN
This position is responsible for overseeing the physical assets, general maintenance repairs, apartment make-readies, preventive maintenance and construction or rehabilitation projects for our apartment communities. This position must be flexible and able to work varied schedule, including weekends, on-call and some holidays as required.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Works with the Maintenance Director and Property Manager (i.e., walking apartments, move-in/move-out reports, etc.).
- Determine weekly apartment make-ready and Work Order schedules.
- Complete weekly/daily maintenance employee assignments in tandem with Community Manager and Maintenance Supervisor
- Assist in maintaining the exterior grounds and curb appeal
- Performs maintenance repairs and renovations related to electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and appliances and drywall
- Identify, correct and report hazardous community conditions.
- Coordinate and respond to property/management requests and Work Orders for occupied apartments.
- Use Service Request and schedules to establish priorities. Determine with Property Manager, requests or emergencies that should be top priority.
- Coordinate, schedule and prepare vacant apartments for move-in.
- Ensure all repairs/replacements necessary for apartment to be occupied are completed.
- Ensure all trash from apartments are cleaned out before, during and after make-ready activity.
- Walk property daily to look for needed maintenance and liability hazards and report to Community Manager.
- Coordinate, schedule, and perform preventive maintenance
- May be requested to assist in other communities
- Assist with hazardous weather problems, fires, floods, freezes, etc.
- Propane torch (Plumbing)
- Steam clean/shampoo machine
- Key machine
- Manifold gauges
- Vacuum Pump
- Recovery Machine
- Leak detector
- Pressure Washer
- Volt meter
- Paint Sprayer
- Air conditioners
- Water heaters
- Welding torches (A/C)
- Hand tools
- Prior apartment maintenance experience is required.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and repair HVAC equipment, plumbing systems, electronic systems, all major appliances, pool and spa equipment and other systems on community (gates, phone jacks, irrigation systems, etc.).
- Must have a valid driver’s license and means of immediate transportation to provide service calls
- Candidate should have 1-2 years maintenance experience and/or at least 2-year multi-family experience
To apply, contact firstname.lastname@example.org