Certified Apartment Portfolio Supervisor (CAPS) Credential Program
Save the date!
January 11, 13, 18 and 20th
Registration form for the CAPS program.
Earning your CAPS takes you to the next level in property management. It fast-tracks your career advancement and your corresponding earning potential.
You'll learn about:
- Recruiting high-performing employees
- Employee performance, engagement, and retention
- Minimizing conflict through stakeholder communications
- Ethical behavior and conflicts of interest
- Annual operating budgets and owner performance objectives
- Property and portfolio results
- Due diligence process
- Property takeover process
- Capital improvement plans
- Managing risk through inspections, follow-up procedures, and incident reporting compliance
- Minimizing legal risk and liability
- Regulatory agency oversight of assisted housing
- Analyzing property performance data to inform action
- Management agreements
- Evaluating and reporting property performance using key performance indicators
To obtain the CAPS credential, candidates must complete the following:
- Minimum of 24 months employment as a multi-site supervisor or be either a CAM, ARM or RAM credential holder in good standing.
- Successful completion of all CAPS course work (totaling 40 hours)
- Meet all examination standards within 6 months of declaring candidacy