Our Annual Summer Food Drive goes from May 1 - July 31. (While we collect food year-round, the summer is when Second Harvest needs us the most!)
Our 2019 Food Drive will take place in two phases:
- Phase 1: Virtual Drive - Click to Donate
- Phase 2: Nonperishable Food Collection
One of every four children in the Piedmont Triad go without regular meals in the summer months when they don't have access to free lunch at school.
With just ONE DOLLAR, Second Harvest Food Bank can source enough nutritious food to provide SEVEN MEALS through local pantries and feeding sites.
Help us reach our 2019 goal: Half a Million Meals! Are You In?
- Click the DONATE NOW button above.
- Click SEARCH FOR A PARTICIPANT OR TEAM
- Type the name of a participating apartment community and select one
- Follow the steps to make a secure, tax deductible donation that will go directly to Second Harvest Food Bank
From May 1 to June 30 your donation is matched dollar for dollar by an anonymous donor, doubling the impact of your gift.
The drive will continue in July: We'll be collecting nonperishable food items at participating communities and hosting THREE Fill the Stands With Cans baseball games to collect food and funds in the Triad.
The management company that donates the most will win the Clyde Fitzgerald Owners Cup Trophy!
Thank you to the 2019 Food Drive Sponsors!