REQUIREMENTS There are specific requirements for each credential that must be met in order to obtain the credential. You can take a course prior to meeting the experience requirement. Once you’ve met all the requirements, you will obtain your credential. Certain time limits apply and additional extension fees can be paid, if more time is needed.
CALP Candidates must have:
- a minimum of 6 months of onsite property management experience (this can be obtained while taking the course);
- successfully completed the seven courses (which total 25 hours), which includes the Market Survey presentation; and
- meet all examination requirements within 12 months of declaring candidacy for NALP.
CAM candidates must complete the following requirements to obtain the CAM credential. Candidates must complete the coursework and exam within 12 months of declaring candidacy.
- Minimum of 12 months of onsite property management experience
- Successful completion of CAM coursework (which totals 40 hours)
- Successful completion of the CAM exam
CAS candidates must:
- have completed the Supplier Success course;
- work in the apartment industry in a supplier role;
- successfully complete the four required courses (which total 26 hours); and
- meet all examination requirements within 12 months of declaring candidacy for CAS.
CAPS Candidates must have:
- worked as a multi-site supervisor for 24 months or be a CAM, ARM or RAM designate in good standing with 24 months of management experience;
- successfully complete the five courses listed above (which total 40 hours); and
- meet all examination requirements, within 12 months of declaring candidacy for CAPS.
Certificate candidates must complete the following within 12 months of declaring candidacy for CAMT to receive the Certificate for Apartment Maintenance Technicians credential:
- one year of apartment or rental housing maintenance experience; and
- six courses and online content listed above (which totals 80 hours)