Certified Apartment Manager
Sign up now for September 2020
The onsite manager is a vital link between apartment residents and the community owners and investors.
Stay tuned to our website for upcoming Virtual Fall Education Courses to be announced! There will be several CEC options available.
CAM Key Performance Indicators
- Occupancy Rates
- Closing Ratios
- Resident Satisfaction and Retention
- Apartment Turnover Management
- Service Request Fullfillment
- Energy Efficiencies
- Preventive Maintenance Management
- Development of Team Members
- Employee Retention
- Contractor and Vendor Management
- Revenue Management
- Income and Expense Control and Management of Cash Flow
- Budgeting and Monitoring Financial Performance to Achieve Owner's Investment Goals
- Net Operating Income
NAAEI credential programs are scheduled by local and state affiliates.
Programs may be taken as standalone seminars or in full to earn the industry credential.
CAM candidates must complete the following requirements to obtain the CAM credential. Candidates must complete the coursework and exam within 12 months of declaring candidacy.
- Minimum of 12 months of onsite property management experience
- Successful completion of CAM coursework (which totals 40 hours)
- Successful completion of the CAM exam
About the CAM Exam
The CAM exam is two parts with a total time of four hours.
- Part One: 115 questions timed for two hours.
- Part Two: 75 questions timed for two hours.
Maintaining your CAM Credentials
The CAM credential requires annual renewal based on the anniversary date of completion. Submission of both annual CAM dues of $100 and documentation of six hours of continuing education credit should be submitted to complete the annual CAM renewal. Find online submission and renewal information.
TAKE CAM ONLINE ANYTIME!
You do not need to register with PTAA if you are enrolling for Online CAM Course.