Certified Apartment Manager
The onsite manager is a vital link between apartment residents and the community owners and investors.
CAM Key Performance Indicators
- Occupancy Rates
- Closing Ratios
- Resident Satisfaction and Retention
- Apartment Turnover Management
- Service Request Fullfillment
- Energy Efficiencies
- Preventive Maintenance Management
- Development of Team Members
- Employee Retention
- Contractor and Vendor Management
- Revenue Management
- Income and Expense Control and Management of Cash Flow
- Budgeting and Monitoring Financial Performance to Achieve Owner's Investment Goals
- Net Operating Income
NAAEI credential programs are scheduled by local and state affiliates.
Programs may be taken as standalone seminars or in full to earn the industry credential.
CAM candidates must complete the following requirements to obtain the CAM credential. Candidates must complete the coursework and exam within 12 months of declaring candidacy.
- Minimum of 12 months of onsite property management experience
- Successful completion of CAM coursework (which totals 40 hours)
- Successful completion of the CAM exam
About the CAM Exam
The CAM exam is two parts with a total time of four hours.
- Part One: 115 questions timed for two hours.
- Part Two: 75 questions timed for two hours.
Maintaining your CAM Credentials
The CAM credential requires annual renewal based on the anniversary date of completion. Submission of both annual CAM dues of $100 and documentation of six hours of continuing education credit should be submitted to complete the annual CAM renewal. Find online submission and renewal information.
Register for CAM
Next Course: Fall 2019
Typically 8:30am-5pm unless otherwise noted. Visit the calendar for more details.
Loebsack & Brownlee, PLLC Education Center located inside the PTAA office at 7015 Albert Pick Rd Ste D, Greensboro, NC 27409
- $859 Entire Course (PTAA Members)
- $1718 Entire Course (non-members)
This course will only be offered ONCE annually.
Step One: Register for Classes through PTAA
Step Two: NAAEI requires a Credential Enrollment Form for every student entering a credential program. Completing this form is the first critical step in the process. You must use your Login ID and password throughout the credential process including taking exams.Please note that PTAA will be sent confirmation of your enrollment automatically. Do not fill out the enrollment form until you have registered for classes with your local apartment association. Online students do not need to register with the local apartment association and can proceed directly to enrollment.
TAKE CAM ONLINE ANYTIME!
You do not need to register with PTAA if you are enrolling for Online CAM Course.