Certified Apartment Portfolio Supervisor
Earning your CAPS takes you to the next level in property management. It fast-tracks your career advancement and your corresponding earning potential.
You'll learn about:
- Recruiting high-performing employees
- Employee performance, engagement, and retention
- Minimizing conflict through stakeholder communications
- Ethical behavior and conflicts of interest
- Annual operating budgets and owner performance objectives
- Property and portfolio results
- Due diligence process
- Property takeover process
- Capital improvement plans
- Managing risk through inspections, follow-up procedures, and incident reporting compliance
- Minimizing legal risk and liability
- Regulatory agency oversight of assisted housing
- Analyzing property performance data to inform action
- Management agreements
- Evaluating and reporting property performance using key performance indicators
Requirements to obtain the CAPS credential, candidates must complete the following:
- Minimum of 24 months employment as a multi-site supervisor or be either a CAM, ARM or RAM credential holder in good standing.
- Successful completion of all CAPS course work (totaling 40 hours)
- Meet all examination standards within 12 months of declaring candidacy
About the CAPS Exam
Learn more about the CAPS exam.
Don't Forget to Claim Your Digital Badge!Once you have earned the CAPS credential, you will receive an email from ProExam Vault with an invitation to claim your Digital Badge, which allows you to market yourself as an apartment professional with valuable skills.
Renewing your CAPS CredentialThe CAPS credential requires annual renewal based on the anniversary date of completion. Submission of both annual CAPS dues of $100 and documentation of six hours of continuing education credits should be submitted to complete the annual CAPS renewal.
"I received my CAM designation 10 years ago and wondered how different CAPS would be. I was excited that I was able to be a part of the 2014 CAPS class. This designation course has helped me “think like an owner” in all the day to day operations and procedures in maintaining and growing a successful team and company. Whether you are a couple years into the industry or have been involved in property management over 10 years, you will learn something new from this course."
Gina Carter NALP, CAM, CAPS
Enroll in the CAPS class
Next Course: May 2021
Loebsack & Brownlee, PLLC Education Center located inside the PTAA office at 7015 Albert Pick Rd Ste D, Greensboro, NC 27409
Price (2020 prices listed, 2021 prices subject to change)
- $999 Entire Course (PTAA Members)
- $1989 Entire Course (non-members)