Attendees at Maintenance Mania!
PTAA serves a 12-county area surrounding Greensboro, High Point and Winston-Salem. A nonprofit trade organization, PTAA is composed of apartment owners, management firms, and suppliers. The organization exists primarily for the benefit of the apartment owners. PTAA is dedicated to promoting professionalism through member education and active participation in local, state and national legislative issues affecting the multifamily housing industry.
The PTAA mission is vitally important to every member, especially now, as our industry faces increased governmental regulation at all levels, increased competition, and diminishing profitability industry-wide.
PTAA has much to offer those who are involved with the multifamily housing industry. We encourage you to actively participate in your trade association.
PTAA was founded in early 1980 by a group of eleven apartment owners and management firms. Their purpose was to provide the apartment industry with an association that could unite them under one name, offering continuing education for their personnel and give related service groups the opportunity to become involved. These three factors became the foundation of the present association. (See our 35th Anniversary video here!)
The six original counties were: Guilford, Forsyth, Randolph, Alamance, Rockingham and Davidson. In February 1998, the AANC approved the addition of the following six counties: Caswell, Davie, Montgomery, Stokes, Surry and Yadkin.
Benefits of Membership
PTAA offers a variety of membership services including:
- Standardized North Carolina and National Leases and other industry forms including AANC’s Legal Handbook
- Industry professional designations through NAA
- Compliance and regulatory education and seminars through PTAA
- Member pricing for semi-annual apartment market reports
- Professional networking for industry executives
- Membership directory listing of owner and operators, member properties, and Vendor Partners
- Annual Trade Show, Golf Outing, Diamond Awards for professionals and communities, plus a regular program of motivational and educational general membership meetings.
- National representation and lobbying through the joint legislative taskforce of the National Apartment Association (NAA) and the National Multi Housing Council (NMHC)
- State representation and lobbying through the Apartment Association of North Carolina (AANC) and by PTAA directly
- Local representation and lobbying through the Triad Real Estate and Building Industry Coalition (TREBIC) and from PTAA directly
Become a PTAA Member!