Apartment Industry’s Best and Brightest Celebrated at PTAA’s Diamond Awards
Over 500 members and guests of The Piedmont Triad Apartment Association (PTAA) gathered to celebrate individuals, communities, and supplier partners from their membership who were nominated and won recognition for achievements in the multifamily apartment industry in 2018.
Individual professionals and apartment community on-site teams were nominated by peers and supervisors, then submitted applications which were evaluated by multiple judges in the apartment industry in areas outside of North Carolina. Finalists were chosen using a scoring matrix comprised of financial performance, community composite, personal performance, professional development and recommendation letters. Leasing Professional and Community finalists were subject to additional evaluation in the form of a secret or scheduled shop.
Supplier Partners were voted on by PTAA members who are apartment owner/operators. The companies receiving the highest number of votes in each category submitted applications and recommendation letters for review by impartial judges spanning multiple operational roles in the multifamily industry. The number of votes and a quantitative score from the applications were weighted equally to determine the winner. The Piedmont Triad Apartment Association has been recognizing member organizations with the annual Diamond Awards ceremony for more than 20 years.
The following awards were presented for this year:
Individual and Supplier Partner of the Year 2018 Awards
- Rookie Supplier Partner of the Year: Emergency Restoration Xperts
- Rookie Maintenance Technician: Chad Arndt | Addison Point
- Rookie Leasing Professional: Megan Sizemore | The Village Lofts
- Advertising & Promotions Supplier: Fast Signs High Point
- Landscaping Supplier Partner: Cox Landscape Management
- Leasing Professional: Dion Harris | Sebastian Village
- Maintenance Technician: Ramon Nieves | Plantation at Pleasant Ridge
- Professional Services Supplier Partner: Loebsack & Brownlee, PLLC
- Product Supplier Partner: ProSource Fitness Equipment
- Assistant Manager: Beth Gavin | Collegiate Commons
- Bobby Proctor Maintenance Supervisor of the Year: Brett Barney | Blue Ridge Companies
- Cynthia Apple Manager of the Year: Kimberly Noel | Brookberry Park
- Regional Manager: Jennifer Hewitt | Blue Ridge Companies
- Corporate Professional – Tie: Michelle Chesson | Burkely Communities; Elizabeth Anne Richardson | Phillips Management Group
- Interior Contractor Supplier Partner: Got You Floored
- Exterior Supplier Partner: BluSky Restoration
Volunteer of the Year Awards:
- Supplier Partner: Joshua Owen, ProSource Fitness Equipment
- Owner/Operator: Kimberly Noel, Brookberry Park
- President’s Choice: Jody Longwill, Burkely Communities
- Turnaround Community: The Gardens at Country Club | Blue Ridge Companies
- Dynamic Team: Briarleigh Park | Blue Ridge Companies
- Student Community: Campus Crossing | Signature Property Group
- Conventional Community: The Village Lofts | Hawthorne Residential Partners
Additionally, PTAA also announced at the ceremony that their membership raised a record number of 419,057 meals in their 2018 summer food drive for Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest North Carolina. Each year, PTAA members collect canned food and financial donations in a friendly competition between apartment communities. This year Phillips Management Group and their communities collectively raised more than 78,000 meals. They were awarded the Clyde Fitzgerald Owners Cup, named for the late former CEO of Second Harvest Food Bank, for 2018.