How to Apply for Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Emergency Rental Assistance Program
Winston-Salem/Forsyth County launched their Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) today, April 5, 2021. All of the information you need, including a link to an online application portal and a contact phone number, can be found on their website at https://forsyth.cc/ERAP/
Here are the key information points for the program:
Contact phone number to apply: 1-855-838-6776 (toll free)
Priority for this program will go to:
- Households with an income of 50% or less of area median income.
- Households that have been unemployed for 90 days or more due to COVID-19.
- Households with a pending court eviction.
- Impacted financially by COVID-19:
- Qualifies for unemployment
- Reduction in income (furlough or reduction in work hours)
- Had financial hardships or increased expenses (medical, food, etc.)
- Household income 80% or less of area median income (See chart below)
- Past due notice on utility bills or rent payments
HOUSEHOLD INCOME LIMITS