Trend Watch: Projects That Will Impact the Local Economy
With dizzying speed, the influx of employers such as Toyota and Boom Supersonic have ushered in a potential boom in the economy here in the Piedmont Triad.
According to a recent article in the Triad Business Journal, transportation projects will be key to growth for the coming decade. Industrial parks and logistic companies such as UPS and FedEx have leveraged strategic locations along Interstae 40 and I-85, as well as an easy proximity to I-77 and the road to Charlotte. Planned expansions such as the Greensboro Loop in Guilford County and the Northern Beltway in Forsyth County will continue to position the area for growth.
In addition to transportation projects, construction projects on the horizon carry a lot of potential to change the economic landscape of the Triad for years to come. TBJ outlines the following 20 projects as the ones to watch. For more details on each, read the full article here.
- Davie Industrial Center
- North Carolina I-85 Center
- Whitaker Park
- Innovation Quarter
- Metropolitan Village
- Nucor Rebar Steel Mill
- Piedmont Commerce Center
- The Outfields
- High Point University 10-year plan for new construction
- South Rockingham Industrial Park
- Boom Supersonic Overture "Superfactory"
- Carroll Ballpark South
- The Westin Greensboro Hotel
- South Elm Industrial Site
- The Resurgent
- Publix Distribution Center
- Toyota Lithium Battery Plant
- Sedalia Revitalization
- Gibsonville Square
- UPS Distribution and Delivery Center