In 2021, the National Apartment Leasing Professional credential is changing its name to the Certified Apartment Leasing Professional credential. We are excited to make this change from “national” to “certified”. The newly named CALP credential will continue to ensure that leasing professionals throughout the industry are fully prepared for success.
Earning CALP, your first industry credential, signals to an employer your commitment to a career in residential property management.
We are excited to offer our first CALP/NALP course in a virtual LIVE format with our experienced national trainer, Rebecca Rosario!
You'll learn about:
- Using technology to generate traffic
- Monitoring and managing your community’s reputation
- Inspecting the leasing center, tour route, model units, and vacant apartments
- Shopping the competition while building relationships with competitors
- Compiling a comprehensive community resource tool
- Effective marketing plans
- Relationship sales process and evaluating personal sales performance
- Evaluating a prospect’s commitment level and overcoming objections
- Reviewing the next steps in the sales process with prospective residents
- Applying fair housing laws and communicating rental criteria
- Qualifying prospective residents according to rental policy
- Preparing and reviewing leases with new residents
- The move-in process
- Responding to resident issues and maintenance requests with appropriate follow-up
- Building relationships with residents and creating a sense of community
- Reporting incidents, maintaining documentation, and taking corrective action
- Maximizing revenue and operational efficiency
- Securing and processing lease renewals
To obtain the CALP credential, candidates must complete the following:
- Minimum of six months of onsite property management experience in a leasing role (This can be obtained while taking the course; you will receive a provisional certificate until this requirement is met.)
- Successful completion of six CALP courses
- Pass the examination within six (6) months of declaring candidacy
Member Rate: $489
Non- Member Rate: $978
Please contact Carrie at email@example.com for more information.
Thanks to our class sponsors:
For More Information:
Virtual Course Dates Below:
Virtual class times will be 10am-2:30 w/ 30 min lunch break.
2/12, 2/19, 2/26, 3/5, 3/12
TBD- two hour test prep session
Relevant Laws and How to Apply Them
Why your Competition Matters
Sales Process & Building Relationships
Effectively Meeting the Needs of Your Residents
Marketing & Maintaining your Community
Bringing in New Residents
Market Analysis for Leasing Professionals
New to note!
NAAEI course material will be delivered via ebook. When registering, please use a unique email address (not firstname.lastname@example.org for example) where you will receive instructions and the ability to load your ebook. You will have the ability to print ONE copy of the book if you choose.
NALP, CAM, NAAEI Faculty & ApartMentor
Rebecca Rosario Bueno is known as The Leasing Queen of the South for the creative and compelling leasing techniques she employs to fill apartment vacancies. In 2020, she celebrates her 29th year in the multifamily housing industry, from a leasing consultant to a consultant for leasing, with stops along the way in management and marketing positions. Rebecca is an industry leader bringing unique and creative training and marketing solutions to apartment occupancy challenges.