emergency financial assistance

The following organizations MAY be able to assist with some housing needs and household expenses.

Call 211

211 is a universal number (similar to 911 and 311) for community information and referral services. It is intended to connect individuals and families in need and the appropriate community-based organizations and government agencies. Active 211 systems are in all or part of every state.

State Resources

COVID-19 Support Services Program

The COVID-19 Support Services Program is a new program to help people in 29 counties who need support to successfully quarantine or isolate due to COVID-19.

If you are asked by a health care professional, health department, or contact tracer to isolate or quarantine because of COVID-19 and you need to stay home from work, you may be eligible for support for:

  • Financial relief to help with rent, mortgage, bills, medical care, childcare or other living expenses
  • Home-delivered groceries or meals
  • Transportation to and from certain locations such as doctor appointments or non-congregate shelter
  • Medication delivery
  • COVID-19 supplies such as face masks and hand sanitizer
  • Connection to primary medical care

Support Services is available through early 2021 on a first come, first served basis until funds are exhausted.

Individuals can learn more about services available and get connected with a Community Health Worker in their county by calling 844-628-7223.

Triad-Wide Resources

Benefits Finder (US) 

NCDHHS or call (336) 641-3447

• List of Second Harvest Food Bank Partner Agencies (food pantries, soup kitchens, etc.)

Operation Homefront (Veterans, Military families)

AuntBertha.com (resource for looking for assitance by zip code)

Helping Hands 

Red Cross 

Rescue Mission 

Social Serve 

NC Serves  (serving veteran families)

Salvation Army (USA)

Greensboro/ high point / guilford county

February 8: Guilford County Rental Assistance Program
Guilford County has announced that assistance is available to qualified households towards emergency monthly rental/utility assistance for their primary residence. Request for rental assistance can be submitted by either an eligible household or by a landlord on behalf of the eligible household. Eligible applicants must live in Guilford County but NOT in the City limits of Greensboro. Greensboro residents can seek information about rental assistance HERE.

**PLEASE NOTE: The Piedmont Triad Apartment Association does not assist in applications for rental assistance and does NOT play a role in determining or distributing rental assistance.

Learn more: Guilford County Residents Learn More: Greensboro City Residents

United Way of Greater Greensboro or call 2-1-1

United Way of Greater High Point or call 2-1-1

Salvation Army of Greensboro

Salvation Army of High Point

Greensboro Urban Ministry or call (336) 271-5959

winston-salem / forsyth county

United Way of Forsyth County or call 2-1-1

Salvation Army of Greater Winston-Salem 

Crisis Control Ministry Inc. or call (336) 724-7453

alamance county

Salvation Army

United Way of Alamance County or call 2-1-1

Alamance County Community Services Agency, Inc.

Lowe's Pro Supply