emergency financial assistance
The following organizations MAY be able to assist with some housing needs and household expenses.
211 is a universal number (similar to 911 and 311) for community information and referral services. It is intended to connect individuals and families in need and the appropriate community-based organizations and government agencies. Active 211 systems are in all or part of every state.
Emergency Increase in Unemployment (888.737.0259). CARES Act provides most individuals an emergency increase in traditional unemployment insurance (UI) benefits of $600 per week up to July 31, 2020, likely increasing benefits beyond what many workers were earning before becoming unemployed.
2020 Recovery Rebates for Individuals. CARES Act, qualified single Americans would receive $1,200, married couples would get $2,400, and parents would see $500 for each child under age 17.
• Benefits Finder (US)
• NCDHHS or call (336) 641-3447
• List of Second Harvest Food Bank Partner Agencies (food pantries, soup kitchens, etc.)
• Operation Homefront (Veterans, Military families)
• AuntBertha.com (resource for looking for assitance by zip code)
• NC Serves (serving veteran families)
• Salvation Army (USA)
Greensboro/ high point / guilford county
• United Way of Greater Greensboro or call 2-1-1
• United Way of Greater High Point or call 2-1-1
• Greensboro Urban Ministry or call (336) 271-5959
winston-salem / forsyth county
• United Way of Forsyth County or call 2-1-1
• Crisis Control Ministry Inc. or call (336) 724-7453
• United Way of Alamance County or call 2-1-1