North Carolina Enters Phase 2.5 on September 4
North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper announced today, September 1, that North Carolina will enter "Phase 2.5" at 5 p.m. this Friday, September 4. Of the activities/businesses that will be allowed to reopen in this phase the two of most interest to property managers are:
- Playgrounds may open
- Indoor fitness facilities may open at 30% capacity
- Mass gathering limits increase to 25 people indoors and 50 people outdoors
Phase 2.5 means the following for North Carolina:
- Mass gathering limits will increase to 25 people indoors and 50 people outdoors from the current limit of 10 indoors and 25 outdoors.
- Playgrounds may open.
- Museums and aquariums may open at 50% capacity.
- Gyms and indoor exercise facilities, such as yoga studios, martial arts, and rock climbing, as well as skating rinks, bowling alleys, indoor basketball, volleyball etc., may open at 30% capacity.
- Bars, nightclubs, movie theaters, indoor entertainment facilities, amusement parks, dance halls will remain closed.
- Large venues remain subject to the mass gathering limits.